As the warmer weather rolls in…I begin thinking about all the evenings spent gathered around the grill. The smell of food cooking, laughing with loved ones on the patio…There’s just nothing quite like those evenings. While I love a “low and slow” bbq, some nights you need to put something on the table in a hurry! That’s when fajitas are my very best friend. I vacuum tumble the skirt steak in the morning, then refrigerate until my work day is through.
Prep time: 25 Minutes Cook time: 10 Minutes Total time: 35 Minutes Ingredients
- 3 pounds trimmed skirt steak
- Fajita Seasoning Packet
- 4 bell peppers – variety of colors (sliced)
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- Optional: scallions, avocado, cilantro, tortillas
- Pour 5 cups water into the Marinade Express drum. Empty contents of Fajita Seasoning packet into the water and whisk to combine. Insert the flavor ribs into the drum and divide the beef equally on both sides of the flavor ribs.
- Twist the lid onto the drum and secure tightly. Attach the hose to the nozzle on the drum and vacuum until the needle is in the green area. Lower the nozzle and remove hose. Place the drum on the Marinade Express and tumble for 20 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the drum and allow to drain for a few minutes. Place the beef in a sealed container and refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove the beef from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle each side with just a touch of oil, then sprinkle with salt/pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or outside grill to high heat. If using an outdoor grill, you can cook the peppers in a grill pan inside or a grill basket on the outdoor grill. Add a little oil to the grill pan and cook the peppers and onions until cooked but still slightly firm. Remove them to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the beef to the pan or grill and cook over high heat for approximately 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove the meat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat against the grain and serve with the peppers and onions. Set out all the optional garnishes you like!