- MX Chipotle Lime Marinade
- 1-2 pounds of cooked shrimp
- Corn Tostadas
- Pico de Gallo (see recipe index)
- 2 Avocados
- 2 Fresh Limes
- Shredded Lettuce
These shrimp tostadas are super easy and will transport you to a beach cafe every time you eat them. And you can even purchase fresh salsa, shredded lettuce and use precooked shrimp (like we did) to greatly reduce your prep time.
Marinate pre-cooked shrimp (shells and tails removed) in the Marinade Express with our MX Chipotle Lime seasoning. (about 10 minutes per the Marinade Express owners guide)
Make sure the shrimp is thawed if using frozen shrimp.
This step can easily be done earlier or the day before.
Set aside the marinated shrimp in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
Cut the lettuce of your choice into shreds. We used romaine.
Figure 1/4 cup per tostada.
Cut the limes into wedges.
Remove the avocados from their shells and cut into slices.
Set aside. (do this last to insure the avocados stay bright green)
Lightly toast the tostadas.
Time to assemble:
- Put the lettuce shreds on the tostada.
- Arrange the Chipotle Lime Marinated Shrimp on top of the lettuce shreds. (We used 26-30 count, about 5 per tostada)
- Dress the shrimp and lettuce with the Pico de Gallo.
- Add slices of avocado and top with a shrimp.
- Squeeze the juice of a wedge of lime over the assembled tostada.
The flavors are bright and delicious. Serve with additional wedges of lime if desired.
Pico de Gallo Ingredients
- 2 cups diced tomatoes. (we like Roma)
- 1/2 cup diced onion. (we prefer sweet onions)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons diced fresh jalapeño. (to taste based upon heat preference)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. (fresh is best) (optional, can substitute parsley if you hate cilantro but the flavor will change)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped roasted garlic (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients, mixing well, and chill in the refrigerator until used.