- Sesame Ginger Marinade
- 5 cups water
- 12 large scallops
- Mix a packet of sesame ginger marinade with 5 cups of water. Place 12 large scallops inside with flavor ribs, vacuum, and tumble for 3 minutes.
- Remove the scallops and place them on a paper towel lined tray. Press the tops of the scallops with additional towels and allow them to air dry for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a stainless steel skillet over med-high heat until very hot, add a couple of tablespoons high-quality oil…I like grape seed but canola works too, and watch for the oil to become hot and simmer.
- Press both sides of the scallops with paper towels one final time to ensure the surface is dry, then place 3 at a time into the pan. Make sure you don’t move them around, just place in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Use a steel spatula to lift and turn them gently. Allow the other side to crust over, about 2 minutes.
- Serve on salad or with a side of figs.
Option: You can use 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in the pan to increase flavor.