Burgundy Pepper Beef Rump Roasts
Beef Roasts might be the ultimate comfort food.
When marinated in the Marinade Express and cooked in a slow cooker, roasts don’t take a lot of your time and cleanup is a snap.
- Season your rump roast in the Marinade Express with MX Burgundy Pepper Marinade. Follow the time guidelines in the User’s Guide. Or just set the timer for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the tumbler drum and drain well.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy pan and brown all the sides of the roast. (Optional)
- Prepare your slow cooker by placing a couple stalks of celery on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Remove the roast from the browning pan and place in the slow cooker along with pearl onions, carrots, and additional celery.
- Add some low sodium beef stock or deglaze your browning pan with water and some red wine, and add to the slow cooker at least half way up the sides of the roast.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or high heat for 3-5 hours depending upon your slow cooker and the size of your roast.
- Cooking on low heat will produce the most tender beef.
- Remove the roast and the cooked vegetables from the slow cooker.
- Discard the celery that was on the bottom of the slow cooker or puree to include with the cooking liquid for gravy.
- Slice or shred the roast to serve.